Tentative Reaching Out

 When I started this blog two days ago, much of it was inspired by and in hopes of what Mrs. D, Sober Mummy, and UnPickled chronicle in their blogs.  How the blogosphere became a place for community.  So after debating...I decided to type my way in.

Once I entered I realized that I had no idea how to connect with other bloggers.  When I google it--it all seems consumer driven.

ARG!  I found myself screaming inside.

WHY WHY WHY for the love of all that is holy must we commoditize things?  This is not to say that what I seek isn't there...just that the first two pages of Google were all about how to utlize blogs as marketing, how to make money off your blog, and how to insert yourself in the blog world all with the goals of

1.  getting known

2.  making money

3.  advancing an agenda for yourself

My hope with this blog is to connect with others and have the warm experiences chronicled by others...

Is it too late for that?  Has the blog bus left years ago or does an anonymous sober blogging world still exist?

Comments

  1. I was hoping for this too when I started my blog! I did find/meet three other bloggers, who started around the same time as me. However, they have all stopped. I don't know if that means they have started drinking again, or just lost interest in blogging. Aside from the well-known/top sober bloggers, I find it difficult to even search for blogs on Blogger. I'm glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found you too...this is my first connection. And I realize for me the isolation of the last year is really what led me to turn to red wine.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holding the Both/And

Patterns

Are We Really Breaking Up...FOREVER?